The purpose of this privacy statement is to indicate how Misflits.eu collects, uses, and protects your personal data in connection with the use you make of this website and the connected (sub)sites. This use is in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, including the European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation – AVG – GDPR).
Who processes your data?
The controller of your personal data is Sofia Van Nuffel, Founder of Misflits.eu with company number 0871.544.703, hereinafter referred to as “we” or “Misflits.eu”.
This privacy statement is a general statement. Depending on the relationship you have with us or the services you use, additional privacy information may be provided. If you feel that we have gone wrong with regard to the protection of your personal data, you can in the first place directly contact the person responsible for the website by sending a privacy complaint e-mail. We will always investigate any complaint with due care and take action if necessary. The supervisory authority for Belgium is the data protection authority.
What types of information do we collect and why?
We mainly collect the information and data you provide us when you use our website and related (sub)sites, including when you:
- Place orders and/or make purchases on our website and connected (sub)sites
- Subscribe to the newsletter
- Create an account that gives access to our content/products
- Use our contact form or contact the communication service in any other way
- Purchase subscriptions/products
- Participates in promotions, contests, or surveys
- Surfing our website and the connected subsites by means of i.a. cookies
We collect different types of information depending on the services you use and the use you make of this website and its associated sub-sites.
- If you place orders and/or make purchases on our website and related (sub)sites, we will collect your e-mail, name, telephone number, delivery address (if necessary for sending orders by post mail), and billing information.
- If you subscribe to the newsletter we will collect your e-mail and name. We never use your information for other purposes, nor do we sell it to third parties.
- When you create an account we collect the information you provide in the registration form including your name, first name, address, e-mail, and other information you provide to facilitate the handling of your next order (delivery address, payment methods, …).
- When you use our contact form to contact the Communication Service or contact the Communication Service in any other way, we collect your name, e-mail, telephone number, and the information you provide in the contact form.
- When you participate in promotions, actions, contests, or surveys, we collect your name, first name, and possibly contact details, as well as all the details required for participation in the action and/or contest.
- Misflits and its affiliated (sub)sites will also process personal data necessary for the normal operation of the company (on the basis of an agreement, a legal ground, or a legitimate interest).
How and why do we use your data?
Your data will be used primarily for the following purposes:
- Delivering and improving the products and services you request
- Improve your experience on our website and related subsites
- Communicate with you about our offerings and temporary promotions
- Manage our business
- Conduct our marketing and advertising campaigns
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Handling queries and complaints
- Follow up on claims and fines.
- Ensuring the security of the (visitors to the) website and the connected (sub)sites
- Perform statistical analyses on our customers (with the sole purpose of improving the quality of our services)
- To comply with our legal obligations
- Improve the quality of our customer data
In order to process your personal data, we always rely on:
- Either the consent you have given. In this case, you always have the possibility of withdrawing your consent.
- Or on any other criterion provided by law: for example, if the collection of data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are one of the parties or if it is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. In certain cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to safeguard your essential interests or in our legitimate interest.
How and with whom is that information shared?
Misflits.eu does not share your information with third parties without your permission. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
In certain cases your information might be shared with third parties which deliver services to Misflits.eu, being processors of Misflits.eu or partners of Misflits.eu. This will for example include support partners with regard to our IT and online services, logistics partners, payment service providers, suppliers, etc. In each of these cases, we undertake to ensure the confidentiality of your information, in particular by concluding appropriate contracts with the companies concerned.
Furthermore, we are obliged to communicate your personal data when this is required by regulations or a court ruling, or in the context of an obligation to cooperate imposed on us (e.g. a criminal investigation).
Cookies and log files:
How can you manage your data/how can you access and delete your data?
As provided for in the AVG, you have the right to:
- Access and review your data and the essential information related to the processing.
- Request the correction or, if necessary, the deletion of such data under the conditions set out in Article 17 of the AVG, and in particular when such data are no longer necessary in view of the purposes for which they were collected/processed or when the processing is based on your consent and you withdraw your consent;
- To oppose the processing of the data relating to you in certain specific cases as described in Article 21 of the AVG, including processing for the purposes of direct marketing; in which case we will no longer process your data, unless for legitimate and imperative reasons which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is related to the establishment, exercise or substantiation of legal claims;
- To oppose automated individual decision-making, including profiling, under the conditions set out in Article 22 of the AVG;
- Request that the processing be restricted, in certain cases as set out in Article 18 of the AVG and in particular when you contest the accuracy of the data, for a period that allows us to verify the accuracy of such data;
- To receive a specified portion of your personal data in a form that allows them to be transferred, in particular in order to transfer them to another controller, under the conditions set forth in Article 20 of the AVG and, if technically possible, to obtain the direct transfer of the data from one controller to another.
How long do we keep your information?
The data collected will be kept as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described above or as long as a legal basis allows us to process these data.
The data you have provided us with will be automatically deleted after 1 year of no longer making purchases through our website and its associated subsites.
Will your data be transferred outside the European Economic Area?
It is possible that certain data may be retained or transferred outside the European Economic Area for the purposes described above.
Such transfer may be carried out via service providers located outside the European Economic Area as mentioned above or via a server located outside this territory. In this regard, we are committed to ensuring an appropriate and adequate level of protection for your data at all times.
How do we ensure the security of your data?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against possible destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access to transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed data.
Visitors of the website and connected subsites and customers, readers are responsible for the use of their computer, IP address, identification data, confidentiality, ….
Misflits.eu can under no circumstances be held responsible for any direct or indirect damage resulting from a wrongful or unlawful use by a third party of the personal data, except if this is due to a wrongful act of Misflits.eu.
Links to other websites and third-party content:
Our website and related sub-sites may contain links to other websites operated by other companies not affiliated with our company. As those websites have in principle their own privacy statement, we strongly recommend that you take note of it when browsing those third-party websites. We cannot be held liable for the data processing by those parties.
If you wish to contact us in connection with your personal data and this privacy statement, you can always do so via our communication service.